Friday, February 5, 2010

Cadec

So I work at a school for children between the ages of 7 and 11 called Cadec(pronounced Cadeki) usually from 8 to 12 30 in the morning. Right now, Caleb and I are working with 20 kids. After Carnival, it will be more than 40...aycaramba. But the kids are awesome, they call u tia(auntie) and play with you all day and jump on u and ask u wat its like in the states and dance to michael jackson and throw bricks and tell u wat they wanna be when the grow up and trust you and love u like crazy. They are the picture of innoncence. They are not like kids in the states. They have no technolody and, bc skool is only four hours here, after school they are home alone until there parents come home. Imagine being a seven year old with no siblings home alone all day with nothing to do and nothing to play with. They are estatic when they have visitors and it almost makes you want to never leave if it will make them happy. I know I will be really emotional when I have to leave. I bought them some candy at the Garota chocolate factory, they say the kids like this kind the best so this should make them really happy.....

.

No comments:

Post a Comment