Friday, April 16, 2010

I told you I would

Finally....I have been blessed with the most beautiful tastes in this world and I am hear to share with you a part of this happiness. This, I know, has again been long overdued but here it is. The food I had in Rio was the best food I have had in my life. There, I said it. It is the best food I have had in my life ever. I will not explain to you why. I will just show you some of the sights I took with the gourmet feature on my camera:

Exhibit 1: The ultimate snack(lanche)
Suco de Morango(Strawberry Juice) and Grilled Cheese
The juice was sweetened to a perfection and the grilled cheese was not your regular grilled cheese. Paulo, you remember how boss the grilled cheese we used to eat at Wyntons place? This was like that times ten. Inside this baby is american cheese laid on this, bananas and cinnamon. Strange combination but Im telling you--BANGING. Im takin that baby home.



Exhibit 2: Israeli joint
If your from New York, this spread is nothing exotic but it sure felt nice to get a taste of home with a little hummus and babaganush. Does it kind of ruin the point when you overeat healthy food? I think so.
The coffee at this restaurant sucked tho! I´m so used to the crazy sweet cafe com leite now that its hard to go back to bitter. Caleb seemed to like it though.




Exhibit 3: Kilo Club
Here, a kinda restaurant that is very popular is called the kilo restaurant(mommy and amanda came with me to one that time we went to lunch with the other amanda). You head to a buffet with a giant ass plate and stack up, but you have to be careful cuz you weigh your plate after and pay by how much you took. Its kind of strange to actually have to read how much you ate but it has the advantage of encouraging you to be conscious of both how much you eat and how much you spend at the same time!


Exhibit 4: MMMMMMMM
Ok, I mean I didnt actually eat this but you know i just had to show you. They do not play around with their cakes man, I remember I was sent to another district to purchase the perfect cake for Caleb for his birthday. Brazillians and their sweets man.


Exhibit 5: The problem
Rodizio-Do you know what that is? We do have some Brazillian stlye Rodizios sprinkled throughout the states and you have to say Brazillian style because their is nowhere in the world that throws down like this. This right here is the reason I cant do more than drink teas and eat soup right now. Seriously- even you dont know what it is you missing out. You sit at a table and pay a fixed fee, buffet stlye- you get unlimited access to all kinds of crazy meat-lamb, chicken, beef, fish, pork, some real high end places even have alligator. But before you get to excited, watch out...they sorround you with appetizers and a big old buffet table to fill you up so that you dont eat up all their meat. A true rodizio expert waits for the best meat at the end(Picanha Paulo and I think) and leave the starches behind! You even gotta be careful what you drink. You dont eat anything else in the day(or maybe even the day before) and when you begin, you take large breaths. Dont drink too much water cuz it will fill. Drink a little to clean the palate a wash it down. Brazillians dont play about their meats. If you need a time out, take it. Do what you have to do. Ben, this might be the place for you.

Alright an let me put you on to something that Im also bringing to the states...they eat their meat with a lil vinagrette on top, but its not jus the vinegar check this out I made it for calebs bday:
diced tomatoes
diced green peppers
diced onions
oil
vinegar
and some chopped up scallions
=
Boss





I am currently at this state. Chill with it Brazil, I tap out.

No comments:

Post a Comment