Thursday, March 25, 2010

Get out of Town


His name was Fernando and he was too sweet for his own good. He loves Reggae and American Morenas. He looks at me curiously waiting for the smile he loves and out of nowhere, unexpected, his smile brightens my heart. At first glance, he seems so serious. He works every day but Sunday as the manager of this store in Vitoria. But put on some reggae music and youd think he was born in Jamaica. He smart and fun, but he follows my lead. I know nothing of his culture and he litle of mine, but he watches me to see what I want, or what I think is appropriate. He doesnt assume he knows me or what Im like and even though we dont always understand each other, weve figured out a way to be sensitve enough to gestures and expressions to get around it. But Caetono Veloso says it best. I shouldnt have met him. I need to get out of town.

Meu anjo, voce e demais.



My poor translation:
"There arent many profound studies about the kiss. Probably, in the middle of the search, the scientists discovered is much sexier to actually kiss than to go out and research it."

Preach, little chocolate bom bom. Thats what Im talking about.

1 comment: