Friday, March 5, 2010

Numa festa de Reggae-Just another Wednesday Night


So Gaby put me on to this Cali band called Groundation that sings reggae music and is very popular in Brazil and apparently all over the world. They imitate reggae standards(mostly bob marley of course) and I felt right at home listening to the music before I went out. Despite the fact that most people dont know what the words mean(imagine how much more difficult a Jamaican accent is to understand for a Brazillian) they all know the words! They looovveee reggae here-it is like universal party starter.

The place was crazy packed and was like no other concert I ever went to. About 12 bucks to enter, it was this huge tent perched on top of a mountain with a gorgeous view of the port of Vitoria. Room for probably a thousand people( I could be exaggerating, Ive never been good with measurements) and any kind of drink u could think of at ur disposal. You never wait longer than 5 minutes for a drink.






What a jive...beautiful men and women, real sophisticated and funky, reggae blastin just like back home and of course people smoking weed right in the middle of the tent. A Brazillian reggae concert! Gaby and I met up with some friends of hers and danced all night. I decided to dress for the occassion...check the reggae colors...





I met all kinds of guys, some spoke to me in spanish-which definitely helped out my situation-most were chill, some I dodged, all were drunk. All in all, a fun night. And the view! God I wish you guys could be here to see it, they dont know how good they have it!

I met this guy named Fernando who, though I am usually not phased by the many beautiful men here(cuz there are so many),stole my heart with his kindness. Dont worry dad, hes chill. Things are so straightforward here, people dont like to play games, they are honest about their feelings. He told me that my smile makes him happy and he happens to live not too far from me! Momma, if u were here Id introduce you to him. Girls, I know you wanted to know about what men are like here and not too long ago I would have sed overly aggressive, hot and with a exaggerated sex drives. Of course this is generalization. Nando is passionate but calm, and we talk(at least try to) about personal things...deep things...I am sure I am overromanticizing everything, but can you blame me? If you stand right close to the edge, you get the very best view.

No comments:

Post a Comment